What is Thai Herbal Ball (compressed)?
I believe in asian herbal benefits that the western hemisphere wants to learn. An ancient herbal blend recipe from the “Wat Po” temple, Thailand is bundled in muslin wrap, steamed and applied onto the clients. The art is to apply onto the Sensib (10 Lines), which are pathways of the the acupressure points. These herbs when combined, evokes a therapeutic, comforting, and exhilarating effect on the body and mind.
Benefits of Herbal Ball Therapy
- Increased (ROM) range of movements before and after stretching.
- Softens and loosens tightness.
- Gives a boost of the body’s life energy (Chi).
- Relieves sprains, strains, of muscles and tendons.
- Reduces joint stiffness and inflammation.
- Reduces chronic stress and anxiety.
Contraindications of herbal ball therapy
- A heart condition where temperature changes is a challenge to the circulatory system.
- Sensitive skin, pregnant and sensitive to heat
- Prescription medication complicated by temperature changes
- Varicose veins, Neuropathy- i.e. nerve damage due to Diabetes
Uses of herbal ball at home
- warm herbal ball baths- as an anti-inflammatory to promote healing of swollen muscles. after an over exerting & pulled muscle.
- Used as an herbal foot massage- after a long day at work, long run, cycling with buddies ... (take also a course in foot reflexology)
- Aromatherapy- sitting in the bath while inhaling the aromatic herbal excellence. (the secret is in the recipe)